Here’s everything you need to know to start your day:
- President Buhari’s spokesperson Femi Adesina said yesterday night on Channels TV: “There is no law that says the federal executive council meeting should hold every week.”
- In place of the meeting, Buhari received the reports on the probe of the suspended Director-general of National Intelligence Agency (NIA) and Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF).
- The last time the president attended and presided over the FEC meeting was April 5, according to Premium Times
- President Buhari’s claimed during his national address on Monday that he hosted Late Chief Emeka Ojukwu in 2013 and that they “both came to the conclusion that the country must remain one and united.”
- Ojukwu’s first son, Emeka Ojukwu (Jr), has corroborated the president’s claim, he has also denied stating otherwise via social media.
- He said: “My late father actually held the said meeting with Buhari before his demise and all that Buhari said in his nationwide broadcast were true.
- The cut-off mark for admission polytechnics and colleges of education has also been pegged at 100.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
Dangote, Niger State sign N166bn MoU on sugar production – Vanguard News
- DANGOTE Group, yesterday, in Minna, signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Niger State Government for the establishment of a fully integrated sugar complex, worth $450 million (about N166 billion).
- President of the Group, Aliko Dangote, said on completion, the project will generate over 15,000 jobs in the State and boost its economic fortune.
- According to NASA, a large near-Earth asteroid will pass safely by our planet on September 1, at a distance of about seven million kilometers (7,000,000km).
- The flyby in September will be the closest it has come to Earth since 1890, and it would not come this close again until 2,500.
- Asteroid Florence is the largest asteroid to pass by our planet this close since the NASA program to detect and track near-Earth asteroids began.
- Abuja – Scattered Thunderstorm – 84 degrees F
- Lagos – Partly Cloudy – 84 degrees F
QUOTE OF THE DAY
Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time – Thomas A. Edison