Here’s everything you need to know to start your day:
- The Attorney-General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami, gave details as to why the country has not been able to retrieve its fund stuck in South Africa.
- He said Nigeria has not been able to retrieve the funds because of some cumbersome processes, according to Naij
- The $15million was allegedly meant for the purchase of arms during the administration of Goodluck Jonathan.
- The billionaire kidnapper, Chulwudumeme Onwuamadike (also known as Evans), will be arraigned before an Ikeja Division of the Lagos State High Court on Wednesday.
- A report from Premium Times disclosed that the alleged kidnapper would appear before Justice Hakeem Oshodi, according to a police source.
- The kidnapper has been in police custody since June 10 when he was arrested in Lagos, and will be facing charges of armed robbery, kidnapping, murder along many other charges.
- Gabriel Ebuo, an ex-militant has lamented the non-payment of his eight months stipends by authorities of the Presidential Amnesty Programme.
- He called on President Muhammadu Buhari & Coordinator of the programme, Brig-Gen Paul Boro (retd.) to intervene as he could barely feed his family since they stopped paying him eight months ago.
- The situation, he described as unfair and disheartening according to Vanguard.
- He died in the early hours of Tuesday morning in Abuja.
- The Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, made it know that the decision of President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration to shift attention from oil-dependence to gas was gradually yielding positive results.
- Dr. Kachikwu also stated that the agreement will unlock unbelievable opportunities as the first phase will produce 2200 standard cubic feet, scf, of gas to 5,000 scf.
- The Gas Sales Aggregation Agreement will bring an investment of 500 million dollars in the first phase and 350 million dollars in the second phase.
- Wall Street Journal reports that the new iPhone will officially be launched on September 12
- Apple will reportedly be launching three new devices but its new smartphone (possibly called the iPhone 8) will be the center of attention.
- The launch will most likely be held at Steve Jobs theater which is on the grounds of the new Apple Campus, according to Forbes, but WSJ says the campus is still under construction
QUOTE OF THE DAY
The aim of education is the knowledge, not of facts, but of values. – William S. Burroughs
- Abuja – Thunderstorm – 26oC
- Lagos – Rain – 26oC
- Ibadan – Light rain – 27oC
- Kaduna – Light rain – 26oC
- Kano – Light rain – 27oC