Following a request by the Federal Government to revoke Nnamdi Kalu’s bail and send him back to prison, the Biafra movement leader has retorted saying any person who comes to arrest him in Biafra land will die there, The Cable reported Sunday.
He was quoted saying the following on Sunday while speaking at Boys Technical College in Aba:
- “Some idiots who are not educated said that they’ll arrest me, and I ask them to come. I’m in Biafra land. If any of them leaves Biafra land alive know that this is not IPOB.”
- “Tell Buhari that … any person who comes to arrest Nnamdi Kanu in Biafra land will die here. I’ll never go on exile I assure you.”
Why this matters: Nnamdi Kalu was granted bail on April 25 with several conditions, but he has now been accused of violating those conditions and threatening the country’s peace by saying the Anambra state governorship election will not hold.
Some of the bail conditions which he had allegedly flouted:
- Mr. Kanu must not hold rallies.
- He must not grant interviews.
- He must not be in a crowd of more than 10 people.